Facebook Catchup 5-15 to 5-31 + Convention Diaries!

Look at me trying to be organized, it's funny how I think this will work! lolfailsad
What i think I'll try next, along with the Facebook catchup posts and the bi-weekly post condensing since I have an automated script (which is why each post is formatted oddly and all by itself at first!) is having specific blog entries for the posts that I'm making when I'm off at a convention. Break up the monotony a little, be a new way to organize, and I can add in more of my thoughts and experiences of the con itself on these dedicated posts! It's like the catchup + the con writeup that I was trying to do before, I like this idea.


5-15

I remember through middle school all the way to college, when I was studying art and really hitting my creative stride, I found the art of Darwyn Cooke and fell in love. They say no artist is truly original anymore, and I found my personal style by emulating, however badly, him. I'm pitifully out of practice and spend most of my creative energy elsewhere for right now, but his art will always have a special place in my heart and in comic history- and it's bittersweet to hear he was a good man and friend to some of my mentors. I wish I had the chance to meet him. Thank you for developing the characters we know and love, Mr. Cooke. You're with us always. #FUCKCANCER Photo from the most fun day with CourteX Studios and Eric!


via Leah Rose http://ift.tt/1Ot7szV


5-17

What is going ON with the costuming community lately? So much drama that could easily be avoided.... That's it. After work I'm recording The State of the (Cosplay) Union. Have a picture of Captain Rose on The Hollywood Science Fiction Museum bridge with no pants. Made you look!





5-18

Using my Logitech G headset to try to do some recording, but I guess I should reeeeeally be doing homework before Amazing Hawaii Comic Con. Semester, y u start now?!? OH I HAVE A SCHEDULE FOR CON NOW!! I have a panel nearly every day and then some, but I don't think I'll be on the program at all. Please tell everyone to come find me! Exact schedule coming later today!





5-27

Things I love: Star Trek Kat Sky The Hollywood Science Fiction Museum And the fact that I'm now an honorary member of the The 1701st Fleet!!!!!! CAPTAIN ROSE AND THE USS SHENANIGANS Side note, I'm a big believer of the golden rule. If you don't have anything nice to say, if you have to preface it with "no offense but", please just keep it to yourself. Remember, cosplay is a hobby and to be honest, I do it because I love it, not to impress people. So chill. Go have a snack and sit in the sun. You'll feel better, promise.





5-29

My god it's bright today and I didn't even have to sing a magic song~ a quick shoot with Adept Productions, LLC before work is the best start of the day!





5-31

I have so many emotions about the X-Men: Apocalypse movie ahhhhhhh I liked it but *muffled spoiler free whining* Also I GOT SICK so I'm still going to con but if I'm dawn of the living dead I'm so sorry please don't hug me for your own sake





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I are Leah! Hear me roar!

What I wish I could say at work

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together