Welcome to Project Daenerys!

I'm obviously very delayed in posting this to my blog proper, but I'd like to introduce you all to my newest pet project!

I think the easiest way to explain what I'm doing is to show you one of the letters I sent to a super talented commissioner I came across.


Hi there! How’s it going?
My name’s Leah, I’m a cosplayer from Hawaii. I’m writing to ask if you’d like to get involved with a project I have going on right now involving Daenerys from Game of Thrones. And I already know what you’re thinking, no, I’m not asking you to work for free, haha.
Saving you the long details, basically I’m sick of the attitude that a lot of people are starting to get of “you are less of a fan if you don’t handmake all your own costumes by yourself” thing that’s going on, you know? Especially when there are cosplayers that get help on things then lie about it, mostly because of that whole stigma. And to expand on that, I feel like a lot of crafters are underappreciated and need more publicity for what they do, and it’s really hard to tell who’s going to do good work vs. who is just being paid to put in a good word. I think you get what I’m saying, right? 
So I decided to start Project Daenerys, where I’ll do proper theatrical photoshoots in different versions of Dany’s costumes entirely made by commissioners that anyone can look up and hire. I’ve had friends who made things for me that simply by name dropping them in photos and on social media, they received up to a half-dozen orders each that said I sent them, so I hope that spamming you guys and promoting this as the no-shame-in-not-making-it-all-yourself thing will be even more successful on our end. This also works well as I get guested to conventions fairly often and work them an insane amount, so we’d get plenty of face to face exposure. On your end, I’m asking for whatever discount you deem appropriate- the average right now seems to be taking it down to materials cost, which holy crap do I appreciate.
That’s the Reader’s Digest version! Eh, that wasn’t as short as I’d hoped… anyway, I saw your absolutely gorgeous take on Dany's purple riding dress (at the link all teh way up at the top of this novel, ha) and would absolutely adore your help. If this is something you’re interested in, please let me know and I can put down a deposit right now! 
If you want any more info, you can of course write me back here, or check up on the updates I’m posting on my page at facebook.com/leahroseaz 

I hope you have an awesome weekend, talk to you soon!!
Yours,
Leah


So, there is that. The goals are simple- kill the stigma that makes people lie, support and promote the commissioners, make cosplay more fun for those who an't make it themselves, wear pretty things of one of my favorite fictional characters. Sounds like a good day.

Over the next few weeks, I'll make new posts showcasing the costumes I already have through this little project of mine, and make sure you check out the links and pages of all of these talented, smart, good looking people <3


Not a Queen, a Khaleesi,
Leah



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I are Leah! Hear me roar!

What I wish I could say at work

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together