Con Review: Amazing Arizona Comic Con!

Time to review the second major con I made this year- Amazing Arizona Comic Con!

YAAAAAAAAY ARIZONAAAAAA
It was such a relief not to have to drive a million miles, unlike ABQ. And I got to stay with Toni and my Linzypoo both, I love them and it was so good to have girl time.

This was the first major con appearance of all of us Cosplay Calendar girls together, with physical copies of the calendar available! And they were exclusive! *strokes one like the villain and the cat*
I was so happy to be able to help out my girls, make a little money, and spend time with awesomefaces ^^

Another big reason why this was BEST EVER is because I debuted the official sanctioned Billy Tucci-certified Shi cosplay that I've only been dying over for the past 6 months! EEEEEEE!!!!! I'm still tweaking it and all- those shoulder pads and armor were NOT agreeing with us- but the hardest part is over and I'm so happy!!!!

Our location was fantastic, and worked perfectly being back to back with Cara. The calendar table was also along a wall, which made it way to find, and super duper close to Kip, Ivy Doomkitty, The Peculiar Magpie, and basically everyone I love, which was great!!!

The only real complaint I had about this convention was preferential treatment to someone who REALLY didn't deserve it- being called a "cosplay goddess" over official communication while every other professional in the room is ignored and discounted is not okay in my book, even if you ARE a good person, which this person is not. I wish this was something I could make those responsible understand on a professional level (so leaving out that last part, haha), but they are all so disgustingly enamoured that it's hopeless. It's things like this that get really discouraging and make it impossible for other people to break into the business....

Anyway, happier notes! I DIDN'T spend way more money than I was supposed to! YAY! And I met a bunch of old friends and new ones and facebook ones, photobombed to my heart's content, debuted new costumes, got my USO girl costume from Rosanna (who I want to Rogue-absorb her crafting powers hnnnng) and got introduced to ASPEN creators and hopefully have something coming up with them soon!

I was also happy to meet and make contacts with Dragonsong Forge- HOWEVER ROB'S EMAIL IS BOUNCING BACK AT ME. If anyone has any idea how to contact him, please help a girl out!!!!!

I think that's enough for now, photo time and tea time and nap time.












Comments

  1. If your looking for Rob Mcilroy (R2D2) he's on Google plus.

    Dennis Larson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dennis... but I'm not sure that's him. Worth a shot, though- time to go stalk!!!! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I are Leah! Hear me roar!

What I wish I could say at work

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together