No interweb creepies!

www.takethislollipop.com/
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/27/tech/social-media/take-this-lollipop/



Have you guys seen this? It's some "interactive" video thing that's been going around that's supposed to scare you into being smarter about what you put on the internet.

Going to the website (not the CNN article I just linked) will get you to a site that asks to connect with facebook, but it says that it deletes your information right away (which it does). Once you connect, a video plays showing someone stalking you via brute forcing your account. God, and it was bad enough just having people see what you post publicly... anyway, it shows this disgusting looking dude getting angrier and anrgier for some reason, then using google maps to search for your address- which most people have on their profile.

This wasn't too creepy for me, I only publicize my city and state anywhere, and all he searched for was Sierra Vista, AZ. Good luck finding me, dood! Save for pulling a K and following me around, but still. You know.

Another thing that made this a little bit less effective on me was what he was doing to the photos. He just kind of pawed through them and kind of looked very jealous/mad at some, which didn't fit since it was all just silly and decent photos. I'm not the kind of person who does anything stereotypically dumb, not to mention post it on facebook.

I don't mean to sound like I have facebook safety all figured out, but I think this video is a good litmus test. If you're uncomfortable by what he sees and what he is capable of doing, it might be time to do some cleaning up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I are Leah! Hear me roar!

What I wish I could say at work

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together