Balancing Act

I'll be the first to admit, I'm bad at bashing myself.
Not like self mutilation, mind you, but nitpicking about stupid things I don't like about myself. And where does it get me? What can I do about them? Not a whole lot. Granted, I don't verbalize it that much, but I'm always thinking something needs improvement.

Why the hell do we do this? We keep looking at the negatives instead of seeing the awesome big picture. And you're always you're own worst critic, so it's not like anyone else even notices half the things we hate about ourselves. But others can tell what we take pride in and are most confident about, so why not focus on those?

The big three things I have a problem with are mostly just genetics and by chance- nothing that I can help, so I shouldn't act like it's a problem. And I'm a big believer that for every negative thing you think abotu yoursself, you should remember a positive so you can realize how good you really have it!

I hate how I have huge pores on my nose. Loathe loathe loathe. The always look wonky and I hate it and I hate not wearing a bit of foundation to fix it.
But you know what I love? My eyes! I love their color, just like my Dad's. And I like my eyebrows (usually when they're groomed and behaving) and my camel eyelashes!

I really hate my thighs. I feel like they're too big and pale and jiggly and have my really noticeable vitiligo on them. But I like my calves! They're pale as hell too, but they're toned and strong and can kick major booty. No pun intended..
...who am I kidding, totally pun intended.

I really get annoyed with my nails. They're brittle and peel too easily and I'm mildly clumsy so I always smash one or three in a drawer and have crazy uneven nails 99% of the time. But I like my hair! I only think of this cause it's all keratin. But I like my slight natural wave, how strong it usually is, and the dark reddy brown color, and how I have random white strands every once in a while. So cool.

See? You have to keep everything in perspective!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I are Leah! Hear me roar!

What I wish I could say at work

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together