Hey you guyyyyyyys Time for some real talk! Ready? Hope so. I was texting with one of my industry friends "M" yesterday about an upcoming con, and he said that a fan had told him that they had contacted me about getting "M" back as a guest, but I'm unreliable. I was really hurt that someone said that for a few reasons. 1. I AM NOT A CONVENTION STAFFER. I am in no way paid by conventions. Contacting me to get help with a guest, or anything for that matter, will not help. The best thing you can do, and there's info about this all over the internet, is to tell the con YOURSELF. As a paying attendee, you have more sway than me. 2. It's insanely difficult for me to filter through the dozens and dozens of spammy, pointless, bot, and other messages I get every day. This is why I don't even check DMs half the time except for my business email- and why you shouldn't get offended when your faves don't reply to your "hi how are you" messages. 3. I have a full time job and persistent depressive disorder. Functioning is hard enough and I do still struggle to make ends meet. Expecting me to dedicate my free time to working for cons/you for free is a little unfair. You know what I and other cosplayers do offer? A safe space and a friendly face at cons A fellow nerd to geek out with about all things fandom Information and help whenever we can on your cosplays Entertainment value And a lot more! I enjoy what I do, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it after over ten years. But keep your standards realistic, okay? I'm only one girl with a lot on her plate. Love you. Mean it. I'm glad you're here.


via Leah Rose https://ift.tt/2YngrdL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I are Leah! Hear me roar!

What I wish I could say at work

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together