Green Eyed Monster

Extra appropriate cause I've got green eyes. Hee.
Anyway, I have a confession to make, and I hope you guys (or just talking it out) can help me get over this shit for good.

I am SO sick of undeserving people, no matter why they're undeserving, getting opportunities/rewards/exposure/anything that other (read: actually deserving) people are looked over for.
Run on sentence from hell, I know, but it's hard to put into words.

I understand that sometimes people are just lucky, or live in a certain area, or have some other random thing that makes them the one that gets all of the things they do, but it's got to stop. In a lot of cases, it's simply because they're willing to lose their morals for any reason. People need to stop handing the same exact person every single applicable thing that comes along just because they'll parade around half naked.

Not only that, but that much success has a tendency of getting to people, and in this case someone is being condescending, derogatory, rude, ungrateful, and a plain out bitch to those who are the reason that they have their success. I didn't know this person before they became self-professed "world famous", so I can't really say if they've always been this horrid of a person or if the success did it to them, but either way it's inexcusable.

I'm not going to name anyone in this post, but those close to me know who I'm talking about specifically and in what situation. It just hurt so bad, because me and my friends work so incredibly hard at everything we do, and are so much nicer, so much more thankful, we give back to the community, we do everything ourselves, we get no handouts, and we truly care about what we do and the industry in which we do it.

Why not us?

Would I still loathe this person so much if I were as successful? I think I would. Because people like this give people like me a bad name, and make it even harder to climb to the top. 
In addition, if this person was nicer/thankful/a part of the community they claim to represent/anything positive other than "hot", would I be happy for them and go on my merry way? I would. As jealous as I am (which I'm fully admitting to my jealously, so 1 point!) I would be okay with someone deserving being in such an amazing position.

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that our morality is part of what stops us from becoming fellow "world-famous" costumers and models. It's our morality, our income bracket, our location, and whatever else. And it's so unfair.

I'm also trying to keep in mind that these other people don't have to fail in order for us to succeed. Success and being awesome isn't a finite resource. It just still makes me disproportionally upset that someone so unfit could be in the position that they are.

... this rant isn't particularly helping me work through my jealousy. Mission failed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I are Leah! Hear me roar!

What I wish I could say at work

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together