Zelda symphony and my childhood

Some people are so ridiculously awesome, it burns.
So I've known this local radio host/dj for years- he's a great guy and fellow nerd, and its hard not to meet him in a town like this.
Anyway, I hear from him this morning and long story short, my best friend and I are going to the Legend of Zelda Symphony Orchestra on Friday night.

I. Am. Freaking.
Not only have I wanted to go since I heard it was a thing, but two tickets for free is the greatest present I've received ever- boogerpony and my engagement ring aside.

Madi (bestfriend of ever) and I bonded over zelda when we were kids. And now, but you get my point. I might go so far as to say we might not be as close as we are now if it weren't for this game series.

We stayed up past our fourth grade bedtimes, developed crushes on characters, cried at the sad parts and laughed uproariously at the funny, and yeah- we developed better critical thinking, problem solving, memory, and hand eye coordination.

And the music wasn't lost on us. We knew an epic score when we saw... Er, heard... one, even then, especially now. It is and was perfect, game after game and dungeon after dungeon.

This concert is something that either of us would love to do, even without each other if we had to. But we don't have to experience it without each other, and I'm probably gonna tear up at some point rethinking all of this and about how much we've grown since we met as pipsqueaks.

Thanks, Grady, and love you, Madi. You're my number one stinky even though I'm getting marraiged and we're bleeding dust and stuff.

Comments

  1. Go ahead, tear up. It was an amazing time. And still is. http://comicbooklistings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many friends but I miss the one I grew up with in school, we are on Facebook together but we have lost that relationship we had, it was so much fun. I am glad you had so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I are Leah! Hear me roar!

What I wish I could say at work

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together