I are Leah! Hear me roar!

Okay, you knew that. I know, whatever. But I just kinda was thinking about my name. Weird, I know, right?
So yesterday Mom and I found my old Princess Leia ornament for the tree. SO rockin. Anyway, I asked her if she even thought about that correlation when she named me- Star Wars didn't come out too much earlier than me! But nooooo, she says. She had no idea, she says. Haha, Not like I really mind. It's just kinda strange to have an unintentional pop-culture reference for a name.

I mean, my name isn't even technically pronounced like that. It's Lee-uh, not Lay-uh. Even my bossman- the other day he called me to ask me something, and someone asked who he was talking to, and he said me and said my name correctly... but he had to mispronounce it for the person to know who he was talking about.

I mean, that's like...
....

dangit.
I had a good comparison.
But then I lost it.
Um. Um. Um.

...
Yeah, it's gone.

ANYWAY I guess it's like having an accent or something- you should still be able to understand who it is someone's referring to, right? And don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it being said Lay-uh, I answer to that just as easily and often as the right way. Something just struck me as really odd about the whole thing.
(Sidenote my friend Nate calls me Princess all the freaking time and I love that <3)


Oh how I love bs-ing in MS paint. And I like how those look like teddy bear ears more than hair buns. ><

I haven't met too many people with my name- bet I can count them on one hand.
1. MI childhood friend
2. Manager at VS in the mall here
3. Cute biracial chick at Disneyland
4..... do fictional characters count?

OH dear god. So if you read Twilight (my next post is gonna be my school essay on that, btw. Why it isn't worth being called literature or being studied as such. BRILLIANT), one of the minor characters is named Leah. Her last name is longish and starts with a C. She's part Native American (or full whatever I don't care not the point) and her animal totem is the wolf. She has a temper.
Stephenie Meyer is a stalkey little poop.

Anyway... I think that's all about my name for right now.
Oh, and when I was a kid people used to call me Leah-tard. 'Cause I did ballet. Yeah. Points for originality?
That's really it! I promise!

What were your weird nicknames as a kid? Did you ever want to change your name?

Comments

  1. Beanish.

    That was my nickname as a kid. I can only assume it's because my head looks like a bean.

    But it's better than my sister's nickname. It was Ishnel Pew. My best friend came up with that. He was a character.

    And you know a fifth person that shares your name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a really interesting nickname... People kept going... "You're Alexis... like... A Lexus... like the car... right?!?! HAHAHAH!" and I would give them a courtesy chuckle and mutter under my breath, "sooooo original... like I haven't heard that before...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the leaf design on the side. The leaves look a bit like birds. Maybe you should do a graphic where the birds at the top turn into leaves on the bottom as they fall. Just an idea . . .

    Teh Padre

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update, Patreon, and Getting it Together

What I wish I could say at work